Did you experience that your home or business office merged in flood water or other water invasion? Don’t underestimate simple cases like pipe leaks and be overwhelmed with complicated cases like heavy floods. Control the caused by water damage to stop and lessen the damage. Your home or business can become subject to water strike issues for a number of reasons such as shut off the water valve if it is the source of leak or if from the ceiling use a container to collect the water drops. Also, you can monitor your monthly water bill usage and if there is an unusual increase in your bill which is unexplainable there must be a water leak somewhere. This leak may be small but can cause damage in your home and will cost you more. Another thing, when the family will be out for a long vacation turn off the water tank to prevent potential flooding in your home.
The following are preventive measure to avoid water damage:
- Clean your gutter twice a year.
- Check your sump pump once a year.
- Fix visible water leaks in the ceilings and pipes.
- Inspect your roof for possible damaged roof shingles.
- Check and repair any cracked caulking.
Each situation should be handled with caution to keep the safety of valuables. Below are the safety ways to do when water damage occurs:
- If possible turn off water source.
- Get rid of the water on the floor by mopping.
- Open the cabinet, drawers, closet and other storage box to check if affected by water damage to let it dry.
- Move valuables such as appliances, documents and others into a dry and safe place.
Water damage remediation should be performed by an expert to prevent serious issues later. If you have experienced water damage in your home or business office, don’t wait for another problem to arise. Determine the extent of water damage emergency, if can’t be controlled, contact a service provider near Atlanta, Sandy Spring, Decatur, Stockbridge, Conyers, McDonough, Stone Mountain, Covington, Social Circle, DeKalb and surrounding areas. Call 678-293-0297, ServiceMaster by Lovejoy fast response team will handle the situation. Visit http://www.servicemasterbylovejoy.com/water-damage for more services.